Summer stone fruit and berry baked crumble
I love when summer arrives and stone fruit is back in season. It's so versatile and bursting with flavour and brightness. If you’re like me, why not try this delicious recipe for summer crumble.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 6 large yellow peaches, stone removed and chunky cut
- 6 large white peaches, stone removed and chunky cut
- 400gms mixed frozen berries
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs orange zest
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 medjool dates pitted
- 200gms unsalted butter
- 2 tbs dried fruit (raisins, sultanas, craisins etc)
- 2 tbs cashew nuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbs roasted almonds roughly chopped
- 400gms low fat Greek yoghurt
- fresh mint leaves to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 175° on fan bake.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit, honey, orange juice, zest and spices together and spoon into a large baking dish.
- In a food processor, add your oats, dates, butter, fruit, nuts and pulse until roughly combined and sticky.
- Spoon crumble mixture evenly over your fruit and bake uncovered for 45 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Serve with a good dollop of tangy Greek yoghurt and some mint springs and enjoy the warmth of summer!
Dietitian tip: to make this recipe healthier why not half the amount if butter you use?