Spicy pumpkin and lentil dahl recipe
A delicious recipe for spicy pumpkin dahl to help warm the coffers this winter.
- In a blender add 1 tbs oil, onion, chilli, garlic, ginger, coriander stalks and water and blend into a smooth paste, set aside.
- In a mortar or spice grinder, add cumin, curry leaves, coriander seeds, pepper and grind into a powder.
- In a large heavy based pot on a medium to high heat, add remaining oil and sweat off pumpkin until slightly cooked on the outside, around 5 mins, stirring frequently as not to burn.
- Add lentils, blended mix, spice mix and curry powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer for 20-30 mins, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Break pumpkin pieces up with the back of a wooden spoon, season to taste if needed and serve into large bowls with a dollop of yoghurt, naan and remaining coriander leaves.