Snapper and mango coconut ceviche
When you can’t be bothered cooking or it is too hot to cook, but still want to eat something fresh, delicious, vibrant and healthy, this recipe is a sure fire winner that sets the taste buds alight!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 220 mls light coconut milk
- 4 limes zested and juiced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 200 gms fresh snapper fillet, diced into 5 cm chunks
- 1 mango peeled, flesh removed and cut into 5cm chunks
- 5 heirloom radish very thinly sliced lengthways
- 5 baby cucumbers roll cut
- 2 handfuls baked homemade corn chips
- In a bowl, mix your coconut cream, lime juice, garlic and fish sauce. Leave it for ten minutes to let the flavors mingle.
- Gently fold in your snapper and mango and leave to ‘cook’ for a further 20-30 minutes depending on your preference, the longer you leave it, the more the flesh becomes cooked from the acid in the lime juice.
- Spoon a generous serving into a small rustic bowl and garnish with radish, cucumber, corn chips and sprinkle with lime zest.