The ultimate healthier carbonara
We give that old Italian classic spaghetti carbonara a healthier makeover. It's quick and easy and a perfect option for that mid week meal.
100g bacon (finely diced)
4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
4tbs low fat Greek yoghurt
1 egg yolk
50g grated parmesan and extra to serve
2 tbs chopped parsley
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan on a medium to low heat, fry the bacon until it is crispy.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the garlic to the frying pan, stirring frequently to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Once the pasta is cooked, using tongs add it to the frying pan.
- Add in the yoghurt, mix well and then stir through the egg yolk and parmesan cheese. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to loosen it up.
- Serve with chopped parsley and an extra grate of parmesan cheese on top.