These chicken strips are a family favourite in our house. I’ve tried to give them a healthier makeover by using quinoa.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 14 mins
200g chicken breast
¾ cups quinoa flakes
2 tbsp dried Italian herbs
¼ cup honey
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place two bowls close together. In one bowl, combine the quinoa flakes and dried herbs. In the other bowl pour in the honey.
3. Cut the chicken into 5cm strips.
4. One at a time, dip each chicken strip into the honey.
5. Then roll the chicken strip in the quinoa flake mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat the process until all strips are coated.
6. Brush the strips with a little olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Turn the oven to its grill function and grill the strips for 2 minutes on each side or until crispy.
Great served in a wholegrain wrap packed with veggies, or with a garden salad.