Christmas is a time for great indulgence, with sugary treats everywhere you turn. Which is why I've created some fun and healthy festive snacks.
Time: 15 minutes
What you will need:
• 6 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
• 6 bocconcini cheese balls
• 3 mini-egg tomatoes halved
• 3 kalamata olives cut into buttons and eyes
• ½ roast red capsicum cut into lengths for scarf
• a few slices of carrot shaped into pointy noises
• 12 straight pretzels
• 6 bamboo skewers
What you will need to do:
Slice the bottom of the egg off so it will sit flat. Slide a skewer right down the middle of your egg, and then stick the bocconcini on top.
Top with your Santa hat tomato half stuck onto the skewer. You may need to trim your skewer to size as you don’t want it poking through the hat.
Making a little incision with a sharp knife and poke your olive buttons and eyes into the holes.
Stick your carrot nose in, wrap your capsicum scarf around his neck and gently place the stick arms into the egg.