11 questions to ask your care team after having a stroke
If you or a loved one has had a stroke, you may have concerns about what lies ahead. Here are 11 questions to ask your care team to help you get some of the information you may need.
You can use these questions in your conversations with health professionals:
- Have all of the necessary stroke investigations been completed?
- What is the severity of the stroke and the predicted prognosis or longer term outcome?
- What are the physical, sensory, cognitive, and communication changes I may experience?
- What type of rehabilitation is needed?
- How much rehabilitation will I get and how long will it last?
- Will I be able to return home after the stroke?
- Where can I seek financial advice after my stroke?
- What resources are available for people with language changes and their caregivers?
- What other services are available?
- When can I return to work and driving?
- How do I reduce my risk of having another stroke?
Enableme is a new website where you can talk to, and seek support from other people who have had a stroke. It is a place to ask questions, to find the answers that you need and to set recovery goals. It is a place where you can offer support, encourage others, and share your experiences.