Five mocktails to tickle your taste buds
Mixing up a mocktail is a fun way to enjoy a special drink without the alcohol. If you’re keen to cut down on your drinking and looking for some tasty alternatives, these five recipes will help you out.
You can drink safely by following the national guidelines to reduce health risks from drinking alcohol. Both men and women are recommended to drink no more than two standard drinks on any occasion, and have some alcohol-free days too.
So, if you’ve given up boozy beverages, there’s no need to let it stop you from socialising; we’ve gathered a collection of the best mocktail recipes for you to try at home. Why not invite some friends over and have a go at these tasty tipples with absolutely zero alcohol content.
1. Tropical Fizz
This fruity softie is full of flavour and can easily be made using these ingredients:
- 50ml passion fruit puree
- 2 fresh passion fruit
- 100ml mango juice
- 400ml sparkling apple juice
- Ice cubes
- 1 lime
Find out more and read the original recipes here.
2. Watermelon Agua Fresca
Imagine you’re relaxing somewhere tropical with this summery cocktail.
- Half of a watermelon, diced
- 2-3 cups of water (still or sparkling)
- 1 lime
- 1 and a half tablespoon of sugar
- A few mint leafs to garnish
- A few slices of lime to garnish
3. Mango Bellini
Who says you have to drink alcohol to enjoy the finer things in life? Try this easy to make fruity bellini to inject a bit of class into your evening.
- Crushed ice
- White grape Schloer
- Mango sorbet
4. Non-Alcoholic Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider
This hot winter warmer is the perfect booze-free beverage to try during a cold month of sobriety.
- 4 cups of cranberry juice blend
- 4 cups of apple juice
- Peel of one orange, cut into large strips
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- Optional sweeteners: honey and/or brown sugar
5. Elderflower lemonade with frozen berries
You’ll never be able to tell this cocktail contains no alcohol. This tasty tipple works all year round and contains plenty of fruity goodness!
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 35ml elderflower cordial
- 1 handful of frozen berries
- Sparkling water, to top up
Looking after yourself all year round
Cutting down on your alcohol intake has plenty of benefits. Whether you’ve made a New Year’s resolution to drink less or you’re trialing cutting your consumption for the month, it’s a step in the right direction.