Zucchini "zoodles" with fresh made puttanesca sauce
Try making our zucchini "zoodles" with puttenesca sauce as a lighter alternative to pasta this spring.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 100g pitted Kalamata olives
- 100g pitted green olives
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs capers roughly chopped
- 4 large zucchini, sliced into thin noodles or spiralized into zoodles
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 lemon juiced
- Fresh cracked pepper, parsley leaves and grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat a large non-stick pan on medium high, add oil and tin tomatoes and stir.
- Add anchovies and cook down for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add oregano, olives, cherry tomatoes, capers and cook down for a further 5 minutes until the tomatoes break down slightly.
- Add “zoodles” and toss through sauce gently, heating for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir through parsley and lemon juice.
- Garnish with pepper, parsley leaves and parmesan and enjoy.