Yellow Indian curry with cauliflower rice
Find comfort this winter with our delicious recipe for yellow Indian curry served with a healthy side of cauliflower rice.
- Place a large non-stick pan on a med-high heat with 1 tbs of olive oil. When hot, add the diced chicken spaced out on the pan so it all has contact with the surface. Cook the chicken for 3 mins on each side, then remove to a plate ensuring to capture all the juices.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and ½ cup water to a food processor and blend into a fine puree.
- In the same pan that you cooked your chicken, add the remaining olive oil, paste and capsicum then sautee for 3-4 mins until fragrant.
- Add your spices and toast off for 2 mins, then add your chickpeas, tomato paste and lime leaf then sautee for another 2 mins.
- Add your stock, coconut milk, lower the heat and gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, pulse your cauliflower florets into a rice like consistency, place in a microwave safe bowl and crumble in the cube of chicken stock, mixing thoroughly. Cover with cling film and microwave on high for 7-8 mins.
- Once your ‘rice’ is done remove the film and stir with a fork.
- Return your cooked chicken back in to curry and simmer for another 3-4 minutes until the chicken is heated through and fully cooked.
- Serve curry into bowls with the rice, dollop some yoghurt on top, zest some fresh lemon, sprinkle coriander, almonds and enjoy.