Thai green chicken curry recipe
Batch cooking for the week ahead? Why not give our healthier version of a Thai Green Chicken Curry recipe a go, it's bound to keep the family happy.
2 large handfuls of coriander leaves and stalks
1 large handful of Thai basil leaves
1 large handfuls of basil leaves
4 large green chilies roughly chopped
2 large stalks lemongrass (white part only, roughly chopped)
1 large paw ginger peeled and roughly chopped
4 garlic gloves peeled
2 tbs toasted ground cumin seeds
1 tbs toasted ground coriander seeds
1 tsp white pepper
1 lime zested and juiced
1 tbs honey
1 tbs shrimp paste
2 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs olive oil
1 tin low fat coconut milk
500mls chicken stock (reduced salt)
1 store bought chicken (meat only shredded)
1 cup roughly chopped white cabbage
1 head broccoli broken into florets
1 carrot sliced
For cauliflower rice:
1 head cauliflower (broken into florets)
1 chicken stock cube (salt reduced)
fresh lime wedges and coriander
- To make the curry paste, blitz the coriander, Thai basil, basil, chilies, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander seeds, lime, honey, shrimp paste, fish sauce and olive oil in a blender. Pulse for one minute and then blend until smooth. Set aside 4 tbs for the curry then pour the rest into ice cube trays and freeze for other meals.
- In a large Sautee pan, add your 4 tbs curry paste and toast lightly with a wooden spoon, add your coconut cream and stock and mix well.
- Add in your shredded chicken, vegetables and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes until hot and combined.
- In the meantime, pulse your cauliflower florets into rice like consistency, place in a microwave safe bowl and crumble in the cube of chicken stock, mixing thoroughly. Cover with Clingfilm and microwave on high for 7-8 mins. Once your rice is done, remove the film and stir with a fork to steam for 3 minutes.
- Serve your green curry with cauliflower rice on the side, garnish with fresh lime and coriander.