Teriyaki salmon skewers with pickled carrot and cucumber salad
Enjoy our teriyaki salmon skewers with pickled carrot and cucumber salad.
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 carrot sliced into thin matchsticks
- 2 tbs tamari sauce
- 500gms skinless salmon fillets, cut into 2x6 cm lengths
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- Steamed brown rice and sliced spring onion to serve
- In a medium pot, add rice vinegar, fish sauce, 1 tbs honey and water and bring to the boil then remove from heat to create pickle liquid.
- Place cucumbers and carrot in a small bowl and cover with pickle liquid, set aside for 20 minutes then drain.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl add remaining honey, tamari and salmon and toss gently, ensuring to cover evenly, leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Once marinated, thread salmon pieces on to skewers, then, heat a large non-stick pan on a medium to high heat, add olive oil and place skewers in pan, turning every 2-3 mins to cook on all 4 sides.
- Plate skewers with pickle and sprinkle sesame seeds and sliced spring onion, serve with steamed brown rice if desired or fresh washed cos lettuce leaves.