Summer stone fruit after school muffins
There is nothing quite like the hunger of your children as they arrive home from a busy day at school! These muffins only take 10 mins to prepare and 30 mins to bake so hopefully they will help keep grumbling tummies full till dinner.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 20gms butter chopped into cubes
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 egg
- 125gms no fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup teff flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 yellow nectarine, stone removed and cut into chunks
- 1 white nectarine, stone removed and cut into chunks
- 1 tbs flaked almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbs Greek yoghurt no fat
- Pre heat an oven to 160° on fan bake.
- Add butter and dates to a food processor bowl and blend until well combined.
- Add egg, mix for 30 secs and then add yoghurt, mix again for another 30 secs.
- Slowly add flour and spice, reducing mixing speed until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a bowl and slowly fold in your fruit.
- Spoon mix evenly into a lined muffin tin, sprinkle almonds and cinnamon and bake for 30 mins until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm with an extra dollop of Greek yoghurt.