Summer banana and blueberry ripple nice cream with grilled peaches
Bananas, berries, peaches. If this dish doesn’t sing out summer I don’t know what does. This healthy version of ice cream will hopefully have you stocking up your freezer this summer!
Prep time: 20 mins + 2 hours freeze time
- 4 large bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen in a zip lock bags
- 100gms low fat Greek yoghurt
- 200gms frozen blueberries thawed in a bowl
- 4 yellow peaches, halved and stones removed
- 2 tbs homemade granola
- fresh mint sprigs
- In a food processor, add your frozen banana chunks and yoghurt, blend until a smooth soft serve ice cream consistency forms, scraping down the sides as needed, this should take three to four minutes.
- In a small metal cake tin dollop your banana mixture in. Then pour in your berries with their juices and fold in with a spatula creating a marbled effect. Re-freeze this mixture for another 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile on a hot BBQ char your peaches until marked but still firm.
- In a bowl serve your peaches with a scoop of your nice cream, a sprinkle of granola and a few sprigs of mint, yummo!