The best healthier 'spaghetti' bolognaise
Spaghetti bolognaise is a great mid-week meal for most families. We give it a healthier makeover by using turkey mince and using zucchini noodles.
500gms turkey mince
1 onion roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic crushed
2 carrots finely diced
2 stalks celery finely diced
2 tbs chopped fresh oregano
1 tbs smoked paprika
2 tbs tomato paste (reduced salt)
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbs tamari sauce
500 chicken stock (reduced salt)
2 large zucchinis (spiralized) or whole meal spaghetti
2 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- In a large, deep frying pan on a medium to high heat, add 1 tbs olive oil and brown off the turkey mince then set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan add the remaining olive oil and cook off your onion, garlic, carrot and celery for 4 mins until translucent and fragrant. Add in the anchovies, oregano, smoked paprika and tomato paste and cook for a further 4 minutes stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- De glaze the pan with vinegar and mushrooms in water, stirring to lift all the flavor off the bottom of the pan. Then add in the turkey mince, chopped tomatoes, tamari sauce and stock, bring to the boil then cover and reduce to a simmer for 45 mins, stirring frequently to avoid any burning.
- In a separate medium pot with a steamer attachment, steam your zucchini noodles for 3-4 mins until hot but still firm or cook your pasta as per instructions on pack.
- Serve zoodles or spaghetti in a large bowl, spoon over bolognaise sauce. Crumble over feta and sprinkle with parsley.