Smokey beef chilli with pink pickled onions and rice
A 'smokin' Tex-Mex inspired recipe for beef chilli that is guaranteed to be a family favourite this winter.
- Make the Tex Mex seasoning by mixing together all the spices and store in an airtight jar for later.
- Make the pickled onions by placing all the ingredients except the onions in a pan and bringing them to the boil. While waiting for the misture to come to the boil finely dice your onions and place them in an airtight container. Once the mixture has boiled pour it over your onions. Seal and keep for weeks in the fridge.
- In a large heavy based pot on a high heat, brown off your mince, breaking it up as you go for 6-8 mins, remove with a slotted spoon into a bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to pot with onion, garlic and capsicum, cooking for 4-5 mins until translucent.
- Add Tex mex seasoning, blended chipotle chilli with liquid, beans, tomato paste, whole peeled tomatoes, beef stock and cooked mince with juices
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 45 mins until thick and rich, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Serve with yoghurt, coriander leaves, lime wedges, rice and your pink pickled onions.