Smoked salmon and asparagus quiche
This healthier salmon quiche is not only gluten-free, it's also quick and easy and perfect for those mid-week family meals.
½ red onion finely diced
350 gms cooked smoked salmon fillets or tinned salmon
5 whole eggs
5 egg whites
1 cup light cream
2 tbsp gluten free flour
½ cup shredded cheese
½ cup goats cheese
1 anchovy fillet finely minced (optional)
½ tsp white pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 175°C on fan bake.
- In a large frying pan on a medium heat fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, egg whites, cream, flour, cheeses, anchovy and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Add in the cooked onion and flaked salmon, fold together carefully.
- In a large greased quiche dish, layer the asparagus, then gently pour in the egg mixture and bake for 45 mins.
- Garnish with chives and serve with salad.