Check out our delicious recipe for a steaming bowl of prawn laksa, perfect to warm you up this winter.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
6 long chillies (roughly chopped)
1 large yellow onion (roughly chopped)
2 lemongrass stalks (roughly chopped)
4 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
2 tbs fresh ginger (peeled and chopped roughly)
1 handful coriander stems (roughly chopped)
1 tsp freshly ground coriander seeds
1/2 tsp freshly ground cumin seeds
1/2 tsp freshly ground turmeric
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbs olive oil
1kg large Australian prawns (heads on, peeled and de-veined)
400ml can reduced fat coconut milk
2 lt chicken stock
2 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs lime juice
200g vermicelli noddles (cooked)
200g green beans (sliced thinly)
100 g red capsicum (sliced thinly)
100g bean shoots
2 kaffir lime leaves (sliced thinly)
1 red chilli (sliced thinly)
1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
1 tbs toasted coconut flakes
1 tbs fried shallots
1 handful coriander leaves
1 lime (cut into wedges)
1. In a blender, add all your curry paste ingredients and blend until a smooth paste forms. Add a little water if needed.
2. On a high heat, in a large, heavy based pot, add 1 tbs of olive oil and seal the prawns for two minutes on each side until charred and cooked through. Remove and set aside on a plate covered with foil to keep them warm.
3. In the same pot, add remaining oil and laksa paste and cook for four minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
4. Add coconut cream, stock, fish sauce and lime juice and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the prawns and any juices on the plate and cook for a further two minutes.
6. In four bowls, layer your cooked vermicelli noodles, prawns, beans, capsicum, bean shoots and ladle over the piping hot soup.
7. Garnish with lime leaves, chilli, toasted mix and coriander leaves, serve with lime wedges and enjoy!