We have been told for years that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But if you're bored of cereal or toast why not try this healthy muesli recipe to help you get your day off to a more exciting start.
- 200ml hot water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup sultana
- ¼ cup dried apricots (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix honey into hot water until it goes runny.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oats, nuts and seeds.
- Pour the watered-down honey over the oats mixture and stir until all the ingredients are covered with honey.
- Line a tray with baking paper and spread mixture out on the tray.
- Cook muesli in the oven for 10 minutes, remove and stir mixture, then cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add coconut and dried fruit.
- Store muesli in an airtight container in the pantry.