Homemade Hummus with vegetable dippers
If you have a few tins of chickpeas sitting in your cupboard and some random veggies in the bottom of your crisper drawer, you can blitz them into a delicious and healthy snack in no time.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 2 cans chickpeas drained
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tbs ground cumin seeds
- 1 tbs ground coriander seeds
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tbs parsley leaves finely diced
- carrots, celery, radishes cut into random shapes for dipping
- Pre heat an oven to 180° on fan bake.
- Spread half a tin of drained chickpeas on to a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until crunchy, set aside.
- Add remaining chickpeas and add garlic, tahini, vinegar, spices and lemon juice to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little warm water if needed to provide a nice creamy texture.
- Spoon into a bowl, sprinkle over your crunchy chickpeas, olive oil, cracked pepper and parsley leaves, serve alongside vegetable dippers and snack away.