Curry roasted pumpkin soup
Looking for something warm and soothing this winter? Why not try out this delicious recipe for curry roasted pumpkin soup with garlic mountain bread wraps.
2 tbs olive oil
1 kg kent pumpkin (peeled and cut into wedges)
2 tbs curry powder
1 yellow onion (peeled and roughly cut)
4 garlic cloves (leave whole with the skin on)
1 bunch coriander stalks (finely diced and leaves separated)
1.5lt salt reduced vegetable stock
4 rye mountain bread wraps
4 tbs Greek yoghurt
4 tsp toasted pepitas
- Preheat your oven to a toasty 180 Degree Celsius.
- In a large bowl toss 1 tbs olive oil, pumpkin, curry powder, onion, garlic and season well.
- Once mixed, pour onto a large lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 mins until soft.
- In a large heavy based pot, add coriander stalks, stock, and scoop in all your roasted ingredients apart from the garlic.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins and add ½ the garlic to the pot, bring the mixture to the boil.
- Once the soup comes to the boil, take it off the heat and blend until smooth with a stick blender.
- Meanwhile, crush the remaining garlic and olive oil in a mortar until thoroughly mixed, then using a pastry brush, spread over your breads on a baking tray and return to the same oven for 1 min. Remove breads and roll up in to scrolls immediately. Cut into fun little angled shapes.
- Divide soup between 4 bowls, top with 1 tbs yogurt each, garnish with remaining coriander leaves and pepitas then serve with garlic mountain breads.