Looking for a quick and hearty meal for tonight's dinner? Check out our delicious recipe for a filling char-grilled corn and potato stew which is sure to become a family favourite at your dinner table.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
2 tbs olive oil
4 ears of corn (peeled)
1 yellow onion (peeled and finely diced)
4 cloves garlic (peeled and finely diced)
4 stalks celery (peeled and finely diced)
3 tbs fresh oregano (roughly chopped)
4 large potatoes (washed, peeled and cut into 4cm chunks)
2 lt salt reduced vegetable stock
Light sour cream to serve
Fresh baked corn chip strips to serve
1. Preheat the BBQ or a char-grill pan to a high heat. Coat the corn in oil and place on the grill. Turning every three to four minutes until the corn has lovely char marks.
2. Once charred, place on a plate and cut all the kernels from the cob.
3. In a large heavy based pot, on a medium to high heat add the remaining oil and sweat off the onion, garlic and celery until translucent.
4. Add the oregano, corn and potatoes and cook for another 5 mins stirring frequently.
5. Add stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 25 mins until the potatoes break up, thickening the stew nicely.
6. Serve in bowls and top with a small dollop of light sour cream, corn chips and the remaining fresh oregano.