Chicken and vegetable meatloaf
Heading back to work doesn’t mean you need to hit the takeaway café or eat the same sandwich every lunchtime. Why not push the boat out and make this show stopper?
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot finely diced
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 1 tbs fresh thyme
- 2 pickles finely diced
- 1 tbs capers finely diced
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup oats
- 500gms chicken mince
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbs no sugar tomato sauce
- 2 tbs no sugar BBQ sauce
- Pre heat the oven to 180° on fan bake.
- In a large bowl, add everything apart from the tomato and BBQ sauce.
- Mix well and scoop into a lightly greased loaf tin.
- Mix tomato and BBQ sauce together and smother over the top of loaf.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins until the middle is firm but springy.
- Slice and serve with some pickles and leaves in lunch boxes.
Tip: to make this recipe healthier, skip the tomato and BBQ sauce glaze on the top of the loaf.