Chicken and tomato spaghetti
Pasta gets a bad rap but it can be a great mid-week dinner for the family. Check out this delicious family friendly recipe for chicken and tomato spaghetti.
Recipe – serves 4
- 3-400g dry spaghetti (depending on meal sizes)
- Olive oil 3tbs
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil picked and sliced
- Anchovies 4 piece (optional but recommended)
- ½ cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 cups leftover Dijon chicken and vegetable braise
- 2 x 400g tinned crushed tomatoes
- 15-20 medium kalamata olives – pit removed
- 60g parmesan cheese finely grated
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and immediately mix with tongs to ensure it is immersed and not sticking together.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and add the garlic, keeping the heat moderate. Allow the garlic to slowly brown then add the chopped basil (reserve some for garnish) and the anchovies if using.
- Cook until the basil is fragrant and the anchovies have broken down.
- Add the white wine, bring to the boil then reduce by one third.
- Add the chicken leftovers, canned tomato and olives and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Serve with pasta and top with extra basil and parmesan.