Chargrilled peach salad with pickled onion and ginger dressing
Make the most of summer fruits by including them in your salad. Paired with a zesty dressing, it's the perfect partner for a summer BBQ.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 thumb piece of ginger finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs soy sauce salt reduced
- 250g rocket
- 6 yellow peaches quartered
- 100gms crumbled feta
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- To make dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl, whisk to combine, and set aside.
- In a hot chargrill pan, mark peaches until charred but still firm, set aside.
- Meanwhile, lay walnuts on a tray and place under a hot grill for five to six minutes until golden and toasted, remove from the heat and immediately pour over the honey and soy sauce until the nuts are coated nicely.
- Sprinkle the rocket leaves on a large platter, and layer with peaches.
- Sprinkle with roasted walnuts and the crumbled feta.
- Drizzle over the dressing and garnish with a few sprigs of fresh parsley.