Chargrilled Mexican vegetable quinoa jar
Enjoy fresh spring produce by making Jamie Humby's fresh chargrilled mexican quinoa jar salad.
- Pre heat a bbq or chargrill on high.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, add the stock and bring it to the boil. Add the quinoa, cover, and cook for 10-12 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the pot from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add zucchini, asparagus, corn, capsicum, jalapeno, half of your spice powder and 1 tbs olive oil, toss to evenly coat the vegetables.
- Place vegetables evenly on your bbq and char well on all sides, this should take roughly 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat, separate the jalapeno chilli from the rest of the veggies and then chop all items into chunky sized pieces, making sure to keep them all separate for layering.
- In 4 jars, using equal portions of each, layer first your quinoa, then vegetables in any order you like, then beans, then feta, then secure your lid and pack into your picnic basket.
- Finely chop the chilli and mix with the remaining spices, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, honey and remaining oil. Place in a jar with a lid and shake it vigorously and pack it with your salad jars.
- Once you’ve picked a perfect picnic location, unscrew your salad jar lids, re-shake dressing and evenly distribute amongst jars, crunch some chips over the top and enjoy!