Chargrilled asparagus salad with red onion vinaigrette
Make your own restaurant-worthy asparagus salad, served with red onion vinaigrette and ricotta.
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 2 bunches fresh spring asparagus
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh low fat ricotta
- 1 tbs toasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Fresh parsley, chilli flakes and lemon wedges to serve
- Pre heat a bbq or chargrill on high.
- In a large bowl, add 1 tbs olive oil, tamari and asparagus, tossing until well coated.
- Char asparagus on a hot bbq for 4 minutes, turning constantly, until nice and blackened in spots but still bright.
- In a small bowl, add remaining olive oil, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, cracked pepper, red onion and thyme and whisk well until thoroughly mixed.
- Pile asparagus on a large platter, crumble ricotta, spoon over dressing, sprinkle hazelnuts and garnish with parsley, chilli flakes and lemon wedges.