Cajun chicken one pot jambalaya
This one pot wonder recipe is packed full of flavor and will certainly spice up your usual lunch.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper roughly chopped
- 1 red chili finely chopped
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs fresh thyme
- 2 tbs Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 250 gms brown rice
- 500 gms chicken breast diced into 5 cm cubes
- 500ml salt reduced chicken stock
- 100ml water
- 100gms Greek yoghurt
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- In a large pot over a medium heat add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the garlic, onion, peppers, chili, corn and sautee for three to four minutes until softened.
- Add the bay, leaf, thyme, spices, diced tomato and stir for two minutes.
- Add in the rice, chicken, stock and water. Stir well to combine.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and place a lid on the pot.
- Cook gently for 30-40 mins until most of the water has evaporated, stirring every 10 minutes or so to prevent any sticking.
- When ready to serve dollop some Greek yoghurt and fresh coriander on top.