Breakfast on the go
Some quick breakfast recipes for those of us who are in a rush to get out the door in the morning but are a bit bored of popular options such as cereal and toast.
Raspberry and mango chia pots
- ¼ cup of chia
- ½ cup of coconut water
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1 mango, chopped
- ½ cup frozen raspberries, or berries of your choice¼ cup raw pistachio nuts, chopped
- Place chia, coconut water, coconut milk and yoghurt into a bowl or container with a lid and stir well to combine, ensuring you break up any clumps of chia. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning spoon a quarter of the mixture into a small jar or container until it is half full.
- Top with fruit and nuts and then add another quarter of the mixture on top.
- Stick the lid on and pop it in your bag or whack a spoon in it and munch away.
Bacon and egg frittata wraps
- 100g short cut bacon, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 multigrain or wholemeal tortillas
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lettuce or sprouts
- 4 tablespoons tomato chutney
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Cook your bacon quickly in a fry pan. Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk them together with the yoghurt. Toss your bacon into the egg mix and season well.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and tip your egg mix in. Bake in the oven until firm and lightly browned, about 20-25 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, microwave the tortilla for 30 seconds, heat frittata if you desire.
- Slice frittata into four, place onto tortillas, add a couple of slices of tomato, lettuce and a quarter of an avocado.
- Top with tomato chutney and roll up, ensuring you turn the bottom of the wrap up first so it doesn’t leak.
- Secure with baking paper or plastic wrap.