Banana berry cereal muffins
Looking to use up those bananas that have been languishing in your fruit bowl for a bit long or do you just want to get rid of that last bit of cereal? Why not try making these delicious banana berry cereal muffins and treat yourself.
- 2 over ripe bananas, smooshed with a fork
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 2/3 cup of whatever cereal you have floating around
- 2 cups plain spelt flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 50g butter, melted and cooled
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin cases.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and cereal and make a little well in the center.
- Place eggs, milk, banana and melted butter into a separate bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and toss in your berries. Give it a good stir until the mixture is just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown or a skewer comes out clean.