Baba Ganoush with oven baked pita breads
Enjoy fresh spring produce by making our smoky baba gahnoush.
½ cup low fat Greek yoghurt
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs tahini
1 clove garlic crushed
4 wholemeal pitas, cut into quarters
1 tbs olive oil
Chopped fresh parsley and olive oil, to serve
- Heat a bbq plate on high then reduce to low.
- Cook the eggplant, turning it occasionally for 45 minutes or until browned all over and tender.
- Transfer the eggplant to a plate and cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes or until the eggplant is cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, lay your pitas flat on a lined baking tray, drizzle with half the olive oil and place under a high grill for 6-8 minutes, flipping once until nice and golden. Once the pita are cool store them in a brown paper bag.
- Remove and discard skin from eggplant placing flesh in a food processor.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, tahini and garlic to the food processor. Blend until all the ingredients are combine but still slightly chunky.
- Scatter the mixture with parsley and the remaining oil and store in an airtight jar or container.