Asian style chicken burgers with quick pickled cucumbers
Try our delicious and fresh Asian style chicken burger with pickled cucumbers and spicy mayo.
- Pre heat a bbq or chargrill on high.
- In a medium pot, add vinegar, fish sauce, honey and 1 cup of water and bring to the boil then remove from the heat to create pickle liquid.
- Cover the cucumbers in the hot pickle liquid and set aside for 20 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl add chicken mince, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, lime leaf, tamari, chilli and spring onion and mix to combine well.
- Form mixture into 4 even shaped round patties and char on a high heat for 5 minutes on both sides or until cooked through, cover in foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- While your patties are resting, chargrill your burger buns until toasty.
- Assemble burgers by spreading a little sriracha and yoghurt on your buns, then adding your patty, pickled cucumbers, mixed leaves and carrot.
- Stick a skewer in each burger and serve.