A Great Day Out
Full Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter, and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents who are over the age of 18 (Entrant). Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12pm (AEST) on 14th September 2015 and ends at 5pm (AEST) on 7th November 2015 (Promotional Period). There will be 1 prize winner for the Promotional Period.
- To enter, the Entrant must share a selfie taken with themselves and one of their Greats and tell us in 50 words or less, which of their Greats they would share this ‘Great Day Out’ with, using the hashtag #CaringForOurGreats on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entries on Twitter and Instagram must also include the Bupa Australia handle (@BupaAustralia). All Facebook entries must be posted on the Bupa Australia Facebook page.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one entry permitted per Entrant during the Promotional Period.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The best valid entry during the Promotional Period, as determined by the judges, will win a $300 gift voucher to ARIA restaurant Sydney, one night’s accommodation for two (one twin room) at a hotel in Sydney to be determined by the promoter, a signed copy of Matt Moran’s cookbook “My Kitchen Garden Cookbook” and two return economy flights from their nearest capital city to Sydney if the winner does not live in NSW. This prize can only be claimed on weekdays, and not on any NSW public holidays and must be redeemed within 6 months of the announcement and notification of the prize winner or alternate prize winner. Any change in the value of the prize between publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the complete and unfettered discretion to alter the departure airport, the prize winner may depart from if the nearest capital city is not convenient to the prize winner and The Promoter. The Promoter is under no obligation to exercise this discretion.
- All prizes, including any portion, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless stipulated otherwise. If due to reasons beyond the Promoter’s control any of the prizes are unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- All prize winners for the Promotional Period will be notified by phone or email and announced at 11am AEST on 13th November 2015 at Lvl 14, 255 George St, Sydney 2000 NSW. Any prizes that have not been claimed by the winner by 20th November 2015 will be reallocated to the next best eligible entry as determined by the judges (Alternative Winner). An Alternative Winner has two weeks from the day of notification in which to claim their prize or another Alternative Winner will be selected.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information an Entrant provides as part of this promotion will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Facebook, Twitter or Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an Eligible Entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant or prize taker; or (f) use of the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize, that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter.
- The Promoter makes no express representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of the prize. The Promoter takes no responsibility in regard to the condition and/or fitness of the prize. The winner should look to the manufacturer or supplier for all warranties and claims.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and prize suppliers. If we send your information outside of Australia, we will require that the recipient of the information complies with privacy laws and contractual obligations to maintain the security of the data. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
- All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any Entrant. By participating in this promotion you agree and consent to the Promoter using your entry picture and short story for any and all promotional purposes. Unless otherwise indicated by you, by participating in this promotion you are agreeing to us providing you with information in relation to the services and products of the Bupa Australia Group of companies.
- The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the entries and information provided by entrants for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Entrant. Entrants should direct any complaints, requests to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. The Promoter will comply with its Information Handling Policy in handling personal information. A copy of this policy is available online at http://www.bupa.com.au/staticfiles/BupaP3/pdfs/BUPA_Info_Handling_Policy.pdf and can be requested by calling the Promoter on 134 135.
- The Promoter is Bupa Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 81 000 057 590) of 33 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
Go back to the Caring for our Greats page.