Soothing kids sunburn
Tips to help you sooth your child’s sunburn and find out when you should seek help.
However, if your child does experience sunburn, try some of these tips to get relief:
- Get them to drink plenty of water.
- Apply cool compresses or bathe them in cool water.
- Apply an after-sun product such as aloe vera to help soothe and moisturise skin.
- Keep them out of the sun until their sunburn has healed.
- Try to prevent them picking or scratching at peeling skin.
- If your child is severely sunburnt and/or experiencing dizziness, nausea or vomiting after sun exposure, seek medical advice.