Healthy treats for dogs
Healthy treats for your dog are easy to make and are sure to make tails wag!
Dog banana carrot biscuits
- 2 ½ cups wholemeal flour
- ½ corn flour
- 4 medium sized carrots
- 2 – 3 bananas
- 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- ½ cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Grease the biscuit tray.
- Top and tail carrots then pulse in a food processor until they are finely chopped, then add banana and pulse 3 – 6 more times.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add carrot and banana mixture and stir until well combined.
- Roll out biscuit mixture on a flour board until desired thickness (this may vary depending on the style of cookie cutter being used).
- Cut biscuits from dough. Roll any remaining dough into small balls for extra treats.
- Bake in oven for 30 – 35 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack then store in an airtight container.
Dehydrated fruits and vegetables
Any dog-friendly fruit and vegetables
- Preheat oven to 50°C.
- Lightly spray baking trays.
- Cut fruit and vegetables to an even thickness.
- Place in oven until shrivelled and brittle (2 – 8 hours).
- Allow to cool in oven overnight.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Remember that treats should be given in moderation and fed in accordance with any dietary recommendations to truly keep your dog happy and healthy.Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) in deciding whether to acquire or continue to hold, Bupa Pet Insurance.