Bupa Family Sport Experience Promotion
Full Terms & Conditions
Return to Bupa Family Fun page
1. Information on how to enter, and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are over the age of 18 (Entrant). Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. Promotion commences on Saturday 13th August 2016 at 8:00am (AEST) and ends on Wednesday 12th October 5:00pm 2016 (AEST) (Promotional Period). There will be 1 prize winner for the Promotional Period.
4. To enter, the entrants are required to:
a. Visit the competition website www.bupa.com.au/hawksfamily
b. Answer the following question in one hundred (100) words or less:
Shared love of a favourite sport, activity or team can bring families together. Share how you would like to bring your family together through sport for your chance to win up to $5,000 to help make this happen.
c. Entrants will then be required to include their full name and contact details, other information about the Entrant and the Entrant’s family including, but not limited to, address, email, contact phone number, health insurance status and whether or not the Entrant has primary school aged children.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Only one entry is permitted per email address during the Promotional Period.
8. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Judging will be held at Ensemble Australia, 1/11-17 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills NSW from 1pm AEST on Friday 14th October 2016. The Prize Winner for the Promotional Period will be notified by phone and email on Friday 14th October 2016. Any prizes that have not been claimed by the winners by Monday 24th October 2016 at 9:00am AEST will be reallocated to the next best eligible entry as determined by the judges (Alternative Winner). An Alternative Winner has two weeks from the day of notification in which to claim their prize or another Alternative Winner will be selected.
10. The Winner will receive the prize detailed below:
o At a mutually convenient time, the Winner will meet (whether in person or by telephone) with the Promoter to agree arrangements (including dates and times) for the acquisition of the goods or services (including but not limited to travel arrangements (if any), entry fees, tickets or any other fees) and the associated costs of those goods and services to give effect to the experience described in the Winner’s entry (the Plan).
o Upon agreeing the Plan, Bupa will issue a VISA gift card of up to $5,000 (the Gift Card) which must be used to by the Winner to acquire the goods and services set out in the Plan.
o The Winner must not use the Gift Card for any other purpose other than to acquire the goods and services set out in the Plan and to then use those goods and services in the manner described in the Plan. The Promoter reserves the right to require the Winner to provide proof that the Gift Card was used for the sole purpose of acquiring the goods and services as set out in the Plan.
o The prize is not (nor is any part of it) transferrable, redeemable or exchangeable for cash.
o If the total cost of the Plan exceeds $5,000, this difference must be paid by the Winner.
o The Prize must be redeemed within 6 months of the date of notification and the Plan must be executed with 12 months of the date of the Winner being notified of the Prize.
o The Promoter takes no responsibility for ensuring the Winner and their family’s relevant travel documents such as passports and visas are up to date.
o The Winner acknowledges and understands that the Promoter’s representatives may be in attendance at the time that the Winner and their family carries out the Plan for the purposes of interviewing and photographing the Winner and their family.
11. Total prize pool is valued at $5,000. Any change in the value of any of the prizes (including the major prize) between publishing date and the date prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
12. All prizes, including any portion, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless stipulated otherwise. If due to reasons beyond the Promoter’s control any of the prizes are unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
13. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
14. In participating in the Prize, the Winners agree to participate and co-operate as reasonably required in all promotional and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and social media activity. The Winners grants the Promoter a licence to use any footage and photographs and the Winners will receive no fee if material is used.
15. The Winners and their Family are responsible for all expenses not explicitly specified in the Plan (as per Clause 10) including but not limited to: spending money, meals and drinks, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included.
16. Once any travel arrangements and/or event tickets are purchased, they cannot be changed and if booked flights are changed, it will be at the expense of the Winner.
17. The Winners will be required to provide a credit card, or cash deposit, at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
a. to disqualify any Entrant; or
b. to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant or prize taker; or
f. use of the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize, that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter makes no express representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of the prize. The Promoter takes no responsibility in regard to the condition and/or fitness of the prize. The winner should look to the manufacturer or supplier for all warranties and claims. Supplier terms and conditions may apply to the prizes.
21. The Promoter and associated agencies, are not liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the use of a prize or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the promoter, its associated agencies or any person associated with any of them, except to the extent that any liability cannot be excluded by law.
22. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winners may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
23. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
24. Bupa Australia Pty Ltd, Ensemble Australia and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail.
25. Bupa Australia Pty Ltd, Ensemble Australia and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; or in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail; in relation to failure of an entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion; arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, internet connection, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software related to or resulting from participation in this promotion.
26. Bupa Australia Pty Ltd and Ensemble Australia assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
27. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any Entrant. Unless otherwise indicated by you, by participating in this promotion you are agreeing to us providing you with information in relation to the services and products of the Bupa Australia Group of companies.
28. Ensemble and the Promoter is collecting the Entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying Winners). In addition, the Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Entrant. Entrants should direct any complaints, requests to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. The Promoter will comply with its Information Handling Policy in handling personal information. A copy of this policy is available online at http://www.bupa.com.au/staticfiles/BupaP3/pdfs/BUPA_Info_Handling_Policy.pdf and can be requested by calling the Promoter on 134 135.
29. The Promoter is Bupa Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 81 000 057 590) of 33 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
Return to Bupa Family Fun page